About This Blog
Karl started the blog about 4 years ago, because he wanted people to be able to follow along in their car’s journey through surgery. Because fewer and fewer people these days work on their cars, that general mechanical knowledge is kind of a dying breed. He kept hearing people talk about taking their car to a shop and saying “oh they fixed something with the A/C.” What did they fix? “Oh, well I’m not really sure.” Karl wasn’t happy with that response, and he didn’t want his customers to walk away with that feeling.
Over 90% of people are visual learners, that is, you can explain something to them over and over again, but until they actually see it, it might not click. Then the blog came to him. He had toyed with the blogging format a few years ago at IA, but nothing to this extent. Nothing on a daily basis. Now you can log on and see exactly what was replaced, where it was located, what it looks like, and a description of the problem (or maybe look up a problem you might be experiencing 1000 miles away in another state).
Many people have been following the Doc Wilen Racing Blog for the last 3 years, and he's watched the traffic to the blog grow further than he ever imagined. The blog averages about 150 views a day fairly consistently, and over 3 years had 68,000 views. Considering the first 6 months took a while to build steam, that isn’t too shabby! The blog is linked to worldwide, across many different car forums on the internet (or interwebs as he likes to call them), and addresses many of the issues we come across on a daily basis.
We definitely couldn’t be doing this without the awesome support of the local community!
- 9 hours yesterday in a 52 car field. P1 in class and p2 overall. Hoping to repeat in the 7 hour today.
- All three drivers qualifying today in the PF racing mustang. will be rear tire guy for the eight hour tomorrow.
- One day of testing down another tomorrow. Qualify Saturday and Sunday 8 hour race at Laguna.
- Laguna Seca for the pwc international 8 hour race on Sunday. Waiting to get our rigs in and get the cars unloaded!
- Tune in for the Fox Factory 120 race today at 1:25 eastern. Jade Buford and James Pesek are looking for the podium.
- At road Atlanta testing for the continental sports car challenge 2 hour race this Friday with PF Racing.
- Starting build 05/8
- The tremec sealed up and holding fluids. Time to send her home.
- 1.5” suspension drop on this Macan S with PASM. Much better stance!
- Saturday qualifying from Watkins glen. P2,4 and 16
- There are currently no Ads to show.