ZZZZZZZZZZZ, I know. The problem with getting behind on blogging is that I have about 200 pictures on my camera that I have to sort through and turn into posts. LOL. I must admit, with the heat wave we have been having, motivation is down. This little BMW had 116k miles on it and it was time to get rid of that Cadillac float. The answer, a set of Bilstein shocks and struts. The old sachs struts were shot. Well, …

Read more »

Got the BMW swapped out at home with the dragon the other day so I could spend some time in the evenings working on it (read in the A/C). Good thing is she started right up in the trailer and drove onto the lift, so maybe we will get lucky with the head. Cross your fingers. Valve cover gasket off. Nothing looks cooked too badly on the cam lobes that I can see so far. Not sure what is going …

Read more »

With the record heat we are having, one of the things I am seeing a lot on the road are blown out tires. Very important to keep an eye on your air pressures in your tires to make sure they are properly inflated. Improperly inflated tires plus a lot of heat can end up leaving you on the side of the road. Picked up this BMW from a customer’s house after he complained of a bad thumping sound when driving. …

Read more »

Aaron dropped off his 968 the other day so we could repair the outer door handle on the driver side. Couple things can fail in these door handles, but in this case, it was the trigger. Trigger not happy. Normally I work through the small opening in the door after pulling out the handle. To do so though typically requires you to work the trigger of the handle while pulling out of the door. Unfortunately, with a broken trigger, that …

Read more »

After we got the motor transplant done in this Boxster, the owner later mentioned his wheel bearing was making noise in the rear as well. DOH! We were just in there and had everything apart, but that’s how it goes sometimes 🙂 Take care of the big things first. So yesterday I took that side down and pulled out the bad bearing. Typically with the new sealed wheel bearings, they will exhibit a growling noise rather than having play in …

Read more »

Had this little guy back in the shop over the weekend for some quick repairs. First thing we wanted to take care of was the Camaro stance. You know, low in the front, and jacked up in the rear! Do not mistake this for the “Camaro Cut” which is a Mullet hair cut that screams “all business in the front, and party in the rear” Rear collars about as high as possible. Special tools to turn these babies down. Then …

Read more »

The doctor made a house call the other day, unfortunately, this patient was too far gone to save on site 🙁 I think this one has had a yellow CEL light on the dash for some time now, and it started running rough to the point where it wouldn’t move at all. I pulled down the codes and received a screen full of fault codes, about 12 in all. Typically plugging in the computer and getting a fault code is …

Read more »

Last week we got Chumper finally finished. It has been a long road getting this car ready, but it finally came together. At least for a little while 🙂 After running the car at MAM to see what we had, we brought it home and starting finishing off the front half of the cage. Nascar style door bars make entry/exit very easy. We finished up a few odds and ends like the electrical system for the cool suit. And the …

Read more »

Remember this project? I sort of do, lol. I am finally getting caught up on some things at the shop. With temps in the shop about 100 degrees this week, it has been tough, but it was a good week for overall progress on a bunch of cars. After fighting the back dated lines for a few days, I gave up and ordered a line from B&B, along with their wastegate dump pipe. I have learned a lot of installing …

Read more »

This ongoing project is…well….on going 🙂 While I am on the eternal wait for parts for other projects, I took the time to get started on the interior of this car. We are tackling some of it, and an interior shop is tackling the seat recover and carpet, etc. First thing was to finish up the rear end though. We got in new taillights, so I tackled that install first. The sealant used is Butyl tape for bonding the lights …

Read more »