I think we have figured out a solution to our picture issue. Should know by mid week if it pans out. Then I can get the rest of the pictures working again on the older posts.
Finished up the 911 this weekend after getting the new fuel line and associated parts we needed for the car in. Mmmmm shiny! Pulling the intake manifold up to get the line routed underneath it: And setting back in place. And after a lot of lines, wires, and components, the motor is back together and running. Then it was on to the easier stuff. Starting with a blown headlight bulb. Blown is right. Then we had a problem with the …
Rigging up a temporary solution for the blog…..at least until we run out of bandwidth. I have my best people working on it….unfortunately, my “people” is out fishing on a boat somewhere in Eastern Washington…….stay tuned.
Hostway has done something to screw up the picture links, so I will probably be down a couple days while I figure this out…..bear with me.
Got some time this afternoon to remove the bad fuel line from the 911 today. Since the line is a giant T shaped line that runs under the center of the intake manifold, that means a lot of stuff has to come off the engine to get the line out. The blower motor assembly, maf, throttle body, and driver’s side of the intake manifold have to come off. AFM and airbox out of the way. And I found a little …
Got the 944 clutch finished up yesterday and sent it and the gray 911 on their way. Once I got the transaxle put back in and buttoned up the shifter, it was ready for a test drive. Car drove great, another 944 clutch under the belt. With cars leaving, the basic law of the universe states that others must come in to replace them, so on to the next project. This one is a bit of a head shaker for …
Seriously……3 changes of clothes today and 3 showers, lol. Should make 4 by the time I shut down for the night, lol! Nature of the beast. A half hour at the cleaners and the transaxle was at least clean enough to handle. Starting to get into the bellhousing. Lots of fun bolts to get to….they were tight like a tiger. Bellhousing off with the clutch assembly exposed. And with the pressure plate removed, it was like christmas, you think you …
Once the 911 was done, it was time to jump on the next project….a 944 clutch. The car started making some clunking noises when letting off the accelerator, which is a pretty strong indicator that the rubber center’d clutch is starting to fall apart. A few weeks ago, we took a quick look underneath, and found rubber in the bellhousing, so it needed to get done before the clutch completely failed. And a pile of clutch parts and related shifter …
Lets see, I’m not exactly sure where I left off, lol. I think we had the motor out and were ready to start tackling some oil leaks. First two culprits are the oil thermostat (round thing under the black wiring harness), and the breather plate gasket (oval cover). Pretty common source of leaks, and is possible to change in the car without removing the motor. Here you can see the black o ring that needs to be replaced. Hard as …