Sometimes free is worth it.

Had an ’02 Turbo in for a little minor repair and noted the headlights looked like this:

Also noted the left front turn signal did not work. These are not what the car came in for and I couldn’t charge for it but I thought it enough of a safety issue to knock out gratis.  These things really took some sanding. Here is the after:

The difference is night and day.
Of course all the turn signals also work now.  We always try to give our customers a little more than they expect.  I hope we’ve made it here.

911 TurboHeadlight Protectorheadlight restoration

More from the Blog

3 Comments

Leave a comment
jeremiah

October 29, 2011 at 10:27 AM

How did you do the headlights? My ’05 has the same issue.

wes

October 30, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Since this one was pretty severe I used a four step process. Three stage sanding, one stage polishing. If they are not very bad polishing alone will work.

Start with a 500grit, then 800, both dry. Move to 1000 wet. After that pick your favorite polishing compound and a foam pad. Don’t let the foam pad run out of compound. Finish with a soft cloth.

If yours are bad it would be worth it to go to a pick-n-pull kinda place and get a bad lens to practice on. When you have to take this much material off a lens with compound curves it is easy to make it wavy.

    jeremiah

    October 30, 2011 at 11:31 PM

    Thanks!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *