It’s Alive :)
Decided with the weather getting cold that I had better get the dragon back together after the headgasket blew. Drove out to the storage unit and picked it up (ran into a customer from IA that I had not seen in a long time, so I stopped to help him on the side of the road as well, lol) Got it home and up on the lift. Turns out one of the fans had died in the 100 degree heat at Hallett, causing the temps to rise enough to probably start the blow out of the gasket on the lowside of #4 at the last event at HPT. That is my theory anyway, though the needle was never in the red (though very close, lol). Working fans should keep that from happening again. I still need to replace the leaking turbo, I just haven’t decided if I want to send out a K26/6 and have it rebuilt, or go big. My thought is to go big.
Where we last left her…..I cleaned out all the coolant and misc debris from the surfaces and slapped on the head with a new gasket.
Since I disassembled the car on the trailer, I backed it up to the lift and pushed it off the trailer, so I had to work backwards for awhile.
Intake back on for now. I need to timsert one of the fuel rail mounts as the stud started to twist on me, but I will do that when I tackle the turbo in the spring.
Then I decided to put the old white cam tower back on, and so I stripped the cam out of the other housing.
And almost back together.
I also pulled the laser shifters out, which will be installed in the M when I get around to it. I would really like to send the car off to paint this winter, but I haven’t made up my mind on that yet. Took the car out for a spin and WEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Turbo’s love cold weather 🙂