Last year we put in a new clutch into this 993TT and did the spark plugs, etc for the 30k service while the motor was out. Today it came in to finish the 30k and to install a new strut brace in the front end. Cup strut brace ready for install. Going with a completely stealth install on this puppy. I wasn’t sure if the amp would give problems, but it cleared without any issues. Installed behind the carpet. And …
Due to popular request by regular subscribers, I bring you another fine RX-7 post. After getting the intake off the top of the motor, I just couldn’t 100% locate any coolant leaks. It is possible there may be some intake/throttle gaskets leaking, but even under pressure it was hard to pinpoint. Since this car is needed at school, I have to put it back together for now. Unfortunately, I found out that parts for these rotary engines are only available …
This thing is soo cool. Got a new parts washer in, look at this bad boy go… Dirty parts in: Some steam cleaning: Hot enough for ya’? Clean and shiny parts!!!
About a year ago we tossed a motor in this little Audi GT. Lately it has been having intermittent running issues. Two thing we found were a baked O2 sensor and broken insulator at the hall sensor. So pull the distributor and here we go: Broken hall: Now we go after the tiny litte C-clips and press the reluctor/sending ring off the distributor to get to this: Now with the new sensor in place: Ready to go back in.
So after day 1 we still had a harness bar, sill brace, and door bars to go. Here Richard is setting the level for the harness bar: Working so fast his hands are a blur! Door bars were a challenge. Because of how tight the seat is inside the car, and how tall some of the members are, we had to get creative. So the bottom bar is held as low in the door as possible, but it cannot be …
Parts finally came in for the RX-7 ABS delete project (Non ABS lines, and the coolant pipe to replace a leak). Since the ABS pump was leaking fluid, and new ones cost about 1800 bucks, we decided to convert the entire system to non ABS. The ABS had been disconnected previously for other reasons anyway, lol. While Wes and Richard were plugging away at the chump car, I tackled this one. The leaking abs pump is on the passenger side, …
This was a quick in and out project that came by the other day. Car lost all power and wouldn’t take throttle. Turns out the bushing in the gas pedal had rotted out and the cable slipped out of the lever. A new bushing and we were back in business. Driver under panel removed to get at the bushing. Hard to see, but the cable is just kind of flopping around in the hole. And the rotten bushing.
Richard came by today to start the install of a roll cage for his future BMW chump car. With the benders, notchers, and welder out, the guys went right to work. Interior gutted and ready for the cage install. Wes bending steel by hand…….. Ok maybe he had some hydraulic help. The rear main hoop bent to shape and size. From there the diagonal bar was mocked up for the rear hoop and cut to fit. The tubing notcher in …
Finished painting the front struts in our 951 project yesterday and got everything assembled with the weltmeister lowering springs. It’s lowwwww.
So a big issue with Miatas is the rear suspension. The throughbolt in the rear carrier is exposed and becomes siezed. Also the rear axle splines sieze into the hub. After destroying the axle, chopping the bolts into pieces, leaving it under 24,000lbs pressure overnight, and finally putting a cheater bar (allegedly) on the press, the carrier was finally free. This had to be done since the frozen lower carrier to control arm bolts would have caused some crazy handling …